We are residents of Piermont and neighboring communities who recognize the vast beauty of the Piermont Marsh and the important and multiple roles it plays in the Hudson River and the Village of Piermont. We have these goals:
- To support responsible salt marsh restoration and enhancement efforts based on the best science available, bringing together scientists, policymakers, residents, environmental organizations, and governmental agencies to help guide solutions to improving the ecology of the salt marsh habitat.
- To help educate and raise awareness in the community about the state of the marsh, its role in the environment, its history, and challenges facing the ecosystem.
- To work to return the marsh to a more balanced state of greater biodiversity, supporting the greatest and widest variety of life.
- To work with other organizations to improve water quality in the Sparkill Creek which directly affects the marsh and surrounding communities.
- To promote recreational, educational and research activities in and around the marsh
- To identify and advocate for funding sources to improve the ecology of the salt marsh habitat
We hope you will join us in our efforts.
CLICK ON THE EVENTS LINK ABOVE TO LEARN ABOUT OUR MARCH 22nd PROGRAM: BIRD LIFE IN THE PIERMONT MARSH.